Today the wonderful, fabulous, amazingly awesome Neely is having a ‘Get Your Blog Out There’ linkup today … basically its an incredible way to not only pimp out your own blog a little bit but to get to know other fabulous bloggers …. As soon as I heard about it, I knew I was definitely in!
WELCOME to My Vickilicious Life …
Today I thought I’d tell you a little bit about WHY I BLOG:
The TRUE reason I became a blogger? I
blame owe it all to none other then Neely herself! True story! I came across Neely’s blog and I fell in love with it so much I decided I needed to have a blog of my own. So, I started blogging. Originally I titled my blog “Relish The Moments” but that was very very short lived and I quickly decided to get a little more personal and and thus My Vickilicious Life was born … and the rest, as they say, is history
But these days … I blog because it is the most positive thing I have ever done for MYSELF: Through the Blogger’s Biggest Loser linkup I cohost, and becoming a FitFluential Ambassador I am learning to hold myself accountable for getting the things I want out of life. Blogging has shown me how to JUST BE YOURSELF It’s something I’ve struggled with a lot in my life … sometimes its hard to BE yourself if you aren’t exactly sure WHO YOU ARE. And sometimes I spend so much time focusing on ALL the things I AM NOT that I forget to look at EVERYTHING I AM. Why have I spent practically my entire life looking at the NEGATIVE instead of looking to the POSITIVE for INSPIRATION? Why did it take so long for me to become PASSIONATE about ANYTHING? I OWE blogging to finding my passions … Blogging has taught me to stop talking and start DOING. I have found PASSION through Blogging – which it something I went basically my whole life without really having … I just always kinda floated through life without taking POSITIVE ACTIONS for MYSELF.
I have also made some amazing friendships through blogging … one of my favorite parts of my day has become laying in bed at night Tweeting to my favorite ladies!!! Speaking of which, I’d love to connect with you there follow me @lifeofvicki
Some other things you may (or may not) know about me:
- I have the most amazing boyfriend in the world. ?M and I have been dating for 6 years and living together for 6 months … he is everything I could ever ask for in a partner … he is my best friend, my rock, my greatest support system …. basically, he has my heart
- I am hearing-impaired. I wear a hearing aid in my left ear. I am almost completely deaf in my right ear.
- I am awesome at reading-lips
- I believe in soul-mates & destiny … but I also believe you decide your own fate.
- I am extremely close with my family. My mom & sister are my best friends
- I am a link-up junkie
- I co-host The Nail Files linkup every Friday with Tara from Fabulous But Evil
- I also co-host Blogger’s Biggest Loser linkup every Tuesday with At The Pink Of Perfection
- I have never, ever missed ONE WEEK of Neely‘s ‘It’s Ok Thursday’ Linkup. It’s one of my favorite linkups and I don’t plan on ever missing it! Wanna know what’s been ‘ok’ with me? Read here!
- I am a FitFluential Ambassador
- I believe in Kama
- I was my best friend’s maid of honor and her daughter is my goddaughter
- I love to read
- My Kuerig is the best thing I ever brought for myself!
- I love getting mani/pedi’s in the salon and try to go weekly or biweekly
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you decide to visit again! I love meeting new bloggers and making new friends! And before I go I want to give one last shout out & thank you to my girl Neely for this amazing link-up opportunity! Love you girl!