iHeartDogs is reader-supported. When you buy via links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Shopping for dog grooming tools can be an overwhelming experience because there are more grooming products on the market than there are fur follicles on your dog! But don’t fret; we’ve combed the contenders to find the grooming and bathing products that deliver what advertising promises. From brushes to shears, trimmers to shampoo, we’ve found the 23 best grooming tools for dogs and compiled them into one handy list!
But before you start throwing products in the cart, take a second and think about the importance of grooming your dog. From bathing to brushing teeth, grooming is about more than looking and smelling good. Keeping your dog washed, trimmed, and tidy will also benefit their health. With regular grooming, you’re helping cut the risk of inflammations and infections your dog might experience. You’ll also be able to spot any unusual lumps, scabs, or scaly spots that need addressing before they turn into major issues. Plus, grooming creates a situation of trust. Many dogs aren’t keen on bathing, nail trimming, and teeth brushing, but with a paw parent they trust, the moment can be a positive bonding experience rather than an anxious nightmare.
With those thoughts in mind, here’s our list of the best grooming tools for dogs to make your shopping experience a little easier!
The 23 Best Dog Grooming Tools to Make Your Pup Sparkle and Shine
#1 – Best Grooming Station
- Elevated design and 360-degree access make for easy bathing
- Includes 3-point harness and patented rubberized, textured non-slip mat
- Easy drainage and simple leg removal make storage easy
- Supports dogs up to 175lbs.
- Made in the USA
When you need some elevation because bending over a tub kills your back or knees, the Booster Bath Elevated Dog Bathing & Grooming Center will save you some pain and make life a little easier. This nifty grooming station keeps your dog elevated and safely contained while allowing easy access from all angles.
#2 – Best Dog Grooming Brush
- Save time and space with two brushes in one
- Extra-gentle and effective on long, curly, or wiry coats
- Stainless steel pins remove loose hair and tangles
- Nylon bristles redistribute fur’s natural oils for shine and silkiness
- Ergonomically designed handle allows for maximum comfort and control
With the Hartz Groomer’s Best Combo Dog Brush, you’ve got two tools in one! One side has stainless steel pins designed to remove loose hair and tangles, while the other features nylon bristles to restore shine and silkiness. Available in different sizes to accommodate the small to the tall.
#3 – Best Dog Grooming Glove
- Delivers a thorough cleaning while massaging and de-shedding
- Stimulates circulation to distribute natural oils in your dog’s fur
- Wet fur won’t stick to gloves
- Gloves won’t slip when wet thanks to velcro wrist closures
- Available in multiple sizes and various colors
While the Handson Pet Grooming Gloves are pricey compared to other grooming gloves, the extra expense will prove worth it. You can use them dry to brush your dog or take them to tub time for a shampoo and massage your pup will love. Plus, these durable gloves won’t slip off your hands, thanks to the adjustable wrist closure.
#4 – Best Deshedding Blade for Dog Grooming
- Dual-sided stainless steel blade
- Coarse teeth for thick coats
- Fine teeth for shorter coats
- Handle separates to create one large blade
- Helps remove dead, loose hair to reduce shedding
The Frisco Shedding Blade Dog Brush features a dual-sided stainless steel blade with coarse teeth for thick coats on one side and fine teeth for shorter coats on the other. This dog grooming staple is designed to help remove loose hair and reduce shedding.
RELATED: 5 Reasons Grooming Is Vital To Your Dog’s Health
#5 – Best Dog Grooming Rake
- Rounded stainless steel pins rotate to remove tangles
- Rotating pins help avoid skin irritation and tugging
- Ideal for dogs with thick fur or dense double coats
- Easy to clean
- Ergonomic handle for comfort grip
The rounded stainless-steel teeth of the FURminator Dog Grooming Rake rotate to really get into undercoats and remove loose hair to help prevent mats. The design also helps avoid fur tugging and won’t harm the skin.
#6 – Best Pin Brush
- Thick stainless steel needles
- Good for long or short coats
- Comfort handle makes for easy grooming
- Every purchase provides 3 meals to shelter dogs
Our Grip-n-Groom Slip Resistant Brush works on both long and short-haired dogs. This handy brush features a comfortable grip and stainless-steel needles that handle light shedding and tangled mats.
#7 – Best Slicker Brush
- Fine bent bristles penetrate deep into undercoat without scratching skin
- To clean, click the button and the bristles retract into the brush
- Suitable for short and long coats
- Durable anti-slip handle creates a comfortable grip
- Available in two sizes
One of the niftiest things about the Hertzko Self-Cleaning Slicker Brush for Dogs is the easy cleaning. To get the hair out of the brush, all you have to do is push the automatic retraction button, and the bristles pull back, leaving the fur in your hand to toss in the trash.
#8 – Best Flea Comb
- Extra-fine teeth grab adult fleas, flea eggs, and other debris
- Safety tips on every comb tooth to protect skin
- Also works on tangles around delicate areas like face and paws
- Ergonomic handle design means easy grip for grooming
The Hartz Groomer’s Best Flea Comb is made with extra-fine teeth to comb away fleas, flea eggs, and other debris. It also works on tangles and mats that require delicate work.
RELATED: 7 Reasons Why You Should Brush Your Dog’s Coat On A Regular Basis
#9 – Best Dog Grooming Clippers
- Stainless steel fixed blade and ceramic moving blade provide clean cuts
- Low vibration and ultra-quiet design helps dogs stay calm
- Includes six guard combs for cuts of all lengths
- Detachable blades are easy to change and clean
- Rechargeable battery allows for wireless use
The oneisall Rechargeable Dog Clippers feature an ultra-quiet design and low vibration to help your dog stay calm while grooming. The clipper set comes with six guards for cuts of all lengths, stainless steel scissors, and a metal comb.
#10 – Best Grooming Kit
- All-in-one kit includes all the tools needed for a professional-style cut at home
- Whisper-quiet operation provides stress-free grooming
- Adjustable and precision-cut titanium blades provide a safe, comfortable experience
- Lightweight and durable with long-lasting rechargeable battery
- Available in five colors
If you’re looking for an all-in-one kit, the Pet Union Professional Dog Grooming Kit has everything you need to give your pup quality grooming at home. The kit comes with premium dog grooming clippers, multiple guards, nail trimmers, two types of scissors, and more!
#11 – Trimming Scissors
- 5″ straight rounded tip shears easily trim thick fur and tangles
- Japanese stainless steel blades feature micro serration for durability and precision
- EverGuard coated blades create a nonstick, smooth surface
- Rounded tips are ideal for trimming around eyes, nose, and ears
- Ergonomic design features comfortable finger holes and a built-in finger rest
The ConairPRO Dog Rounded-Tip Shears are designed to slice through the thickest fur while keeping your dog safe from accidental cuts thanks to the rounded tips. These quality trimming scissors are available in different sizes, so you can choose the size you need for your pup.
#12 – Best Dog Nail Trimmer
- Finest quality stainless steel blades keep a long-lasting, sharp cutting edge
- Features innovative safety stop that greatly reduces risk of injury
- Non-slip, comfortable grip prevents slippage that causes accidents
- Double-bladed cutter with a tension spring helps ensure a swift clean cut
- Good for right or left-handed use
The Safari Professional Nail Trimmer is crafted from the finest quality stainless steel, so they’ll stay strong and sharp use after use. A built-in safety stop makes these trimmers great for parents that get nervous about cutting nails. Plus, you can use them right or left-handed.
#13 – Best Nail Grinder for Dogs
- Emits low noise and vibration to help reduce grooming anxiety
- Designed with 3 ports for different-sized nails
- Portable and rechargeable with USB
- Built-in battery lasts up to 2 hours on a 3-hour charge
- Replaceable grinding wheel
To smooth your dog’s nails with ease, use the PATPET Steel Grit Dog & Cat Nail Grinder to do the job with less noise than competitors. That’s a plus for skittish pups!
RELATED: 9 Expert Tips To Make Nail Trims Easier On Your Dog
#14 – Best Shower Attachment for Dog Grooming
- Combines a sprayer and a scrubber into one easy-to-use tool
- Choose Low or High water flow settings by clicking a button
- Plenty of reach with a 9ft/3m heavy duty hose
- Crafted from 100% FDA Grade silicone
- Suitable for indoor or outdoor bathing
The Aquapaw Dog Bath Brush Pro is a scrubber and sprayer tool made from FDA-grade silicone, making it safe for you and your pup. And thanks to the easy-click button on the sprayer, you can bathe your dog and control water flow with one hand.
#15 – Best Bathing Brush for Dog Grooming
- Turns bathtime into a soothing massage
- Soft rubber tips clean away dirt, dead skin, and loose fur
- Great for lathering up and gently scrubbing sensitive skin
- Can be used in the bathtub or dry for a daily brushing
- Made from natural, unrefined, matte-finish rubber
The Bodhi Dog Shampoo Brush scrubs and massages the skin while removing loose hair and dirt, leaving your dog squeaky clean. But it’s not just for the bath. This rubber hand brush can be used for daily brushing, too. Plus, the soft tips are great for sensitive skin.
#16 – Best All-Purpose Shampoo for Dogs
- 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner cleans and moisturizes
- Made with pure botanical extracts and natural conditioners
- Coconut-based liquid is alcohol-free and soap-free
- Formulated in the USA with cosmetic-grade ingredients
- Lavender and mint scent smells fresh and clean, but not perfumey
Shampoo and condition in one step with Buddy Wash Original Lavender & Mint Dog Shampoo & Conditioner. The two-in-one wash cleans and moisturizes with herbs and botanical extracts such as lavender, mint, sage, and tea tree oil. You won’t believe how fresh your pup smells after a bath with this fantastic dog shampoo.
#17 – Best Grooming Wipes for Dogs
- Keeps coats and paws clean, fresh, and conditioned between baths
- Contains Aloe vera, vitamin E, and Hawaiian Awapuhi
- Thick, extra-large wipes measure 8 x 9 inches
- Made from earth-friendly Bamboo that breaks down over time
- Hypoallergenic and free of parabens, alcohol, fragrances, chlorine, and harsh chemicals
Pogi’s Grooming Wipes are great for in-between baths to help dogs stay fresh. Free of harsh chemicals and made from bamboo fiber, these pet wipes are also great for dirty paws and bums.
RELATED: Ask A Vet: How Often Should I Bathe My Dog?
#18 – Best Bath Towel for Dogs
- Highly absorbent microfiber material – two times more absorbent than cotton
- Personalize with your pup’s name and choose from 10 thread colors
- Embroidered with a cute pawprint so everyone knows it’s the dog’s towel
- At 44″ L x 27 ½” W, towel is big enough to dry the largest of dogs
- Every towel sold feeds 7 hungry dogs
Our Large Customizable Premium Bath Towel For Dogs is made of thirsty microfiber, making after-bath drying faster and easier. Plus, we’ll personalize your towel with your pup’s name in one of ten thread color choices.
#19 – Best Ear Cleanser for Dogs
- Veterinarian formulated to clean and deodorize go ears
- Reduces odor and prevents infection
- Alcohol-free formula is non-irritating and soothing
- Made in the USA in federally regulated manufacturing facilities
- Every container of ear wipes sold feeds 7 hungry dogs
Our Project Paws® Ear Wipes For Dogs With Aloe Vera & Eucalyptus are alcohol-free and gently clean away the wax and discharge that can cause infections and odor. Perfect for daily use or quick clean-ups.
#20 – Best Eye Cleaning Wipes for Dog Grooming
- Formulated by veterinarians and botanists
- Witch Hazel cleans away dirt and stains
- No detergents, parabens, phosphates, or alcohol
- Textured pads help loosen debris and stains
- Made in the USA and cruelty-Free
The TrueBlue Safe & Sure Dog Eye Wipes use all-natural witch hazel to clean away dirt and tear stains, while organic chamomile and cucumber soothe delicate skin. You can trust these wipes as veterinarians and botanists formulated these disposable cleaning pads with eye safety in mind.
#21 – Best Toothpaste for Dogs
- Promotes a healthy, clean mouth between professional cleanings
- Veterinarian-formulated with natural ingredients, including baking soda and enzymes
- Soothing gel freshens breath while removing plaque and tartar
- Packaged in easy to use squeeze tube
- Made in the U.S.A.
Vet’s Best Enzymatic Dog Toothpaste is both antibacterial and antifungal, thanks to natural ingredients like aloe, neem oil, grapefruit seed extract, baking soda, and enzymes. Formulated by veterinarians, this dog toothpaste is designed to help keep your dog’s mouth clean in conjunction with professional cleanings.
#22 – Best Toothbrush for Dogs
- Unique 360º design allows you to clean your dog’s mouth with a few swipes
- Silicone bristles are soft but tough enough to remove plaque
- Made from BPA and phthalate-free silicone
- Fits fingers of all sizes, just a few drops of water make a perfect fit
The Jasper 360º Dog Fingerbrush Toothbrush cleans your dog’s mouth from all directions with BPA-free silicone bristles. This finger brush is one size fits all with just a few drops of water. Plus, it’s great for dogs of any size.
#23 – Best Paw Care for Dog Grooming
- Plant-based with no artificial preservatives or harmful ingredients
- Moisturizes, softens, and soothes dryness and allergies
- Protects against extreme weather conditions
- Helps treats and heal scars and wounds
- Non-toxic and made in the U.S.A.
The Natural Dog Company Paw Soother Stick is formulated to heal rough, chapped, dry dog paw pads with natural ingredients like coconut oil, chamomile, mango butter, and cocoa butter. It also prevents excessive licking and itching from allergies. Plus, applying this organic and vegan balm is a breeze thanks to a stick formula that swipes over paws quickly.
RELATED: Dog Grooming: Everything You Need To Know From Puppies To Adults
Grooming your dog is an involved process but one that’s well worth it. Pups who are bathed and groomed regularly experience a better quality of life. After all, it feels good to be clean and coiffed rather than dirty, stinky, and tangled! And any of the dog grooming tools reviewed above will enhance your grooming repertoire, making it easier to keep your dog shiny, fresh, and clean. Now, grab your grooming gear, tell your pup it’s time for a spa day, and enjoy some bonding time with your furry bestie.